Looking for some fun and interesting things to do during the upcoming vacation week? Check out the following ideas: From furry animals, seals and bluebells to mud, masks and tree canopy walks – there is plenty to do in our local area to keep even the busiest of littles happy.
1. Explore the bluebell woods at Swan Point Cemetery.
2. Make Tin-Can Stilts using old tomato cans and clothes line.
3. Visit the amazing and whimsical Fairy Gardens at Roger Williams Botanical Gardens.
4. Search for treasures at Third Beach, Middletown – one of the best sea glass beaches in RI.
5. Head North and visit the Ecotarium in Worcester. Check out the treetop canopy walk and get half price admission on Earth Day (24th April).
6. Check out some library passes from your local library for free or discounted entry to many local museums, art galleries and aquariums.
7. Meet Furry Farm Friends at Providence Children’s Museum on 24th April. Animals include a soft sheep, llama, goat and rabbits.
8. Make mud pies. Use shells, sticks and stones to decorate your pies.
9. Visit beautiful Rome Point, North Kingstown to go seal watching. Lots of seals have been seen recently and it is an easy stroll for all ages.
10. Create cardboard masks out of old boxes. Perform a show for your friends and family.
Photo Credits: Bluebells: Suzanne Cadge, Stilts: Sabrina Helas, Seaglass: Pinterest, Tree Canopy: Ecotarium, Mud Pie: Handsonaswegrow, Masks: Ikatbag.