Category: community

May 2011: Join the 3rd Annual Mother’s Day Diaper Drive!

May 2011: Join the 3rd Annual Mother’s Day Diaper Drive!

[ 0 ] May 1, 2011 |

Did you know that SNAP (Food Stamps) and WIC do not pay for diapers? Diapers are a high cost basic need. Families living in poverty are forced to choose between purchasing diapers for their children and purchasing food for the family.  No parent should have to make this difficult decision. The Mother’s Day Diaper Drive […]

read full story

2010 Community Giving

2010 Community Giving

[ 1 ] November 29, 2010 |

This holiday season, many people still feel the pinch from tough economic times. When giving time or money becomes more difficult, even a little bit can mean a lot to someone else. Although community giving can happen any time of year, the holidays provide an opportunity or a reminder for us think a little less […]

read full story

What does it mean to “Buy Local”?

What does it mean to “Buy Local”?

[ 5 ] November 23, 2010 |

Around the holidays, I tend to be online a little less, taking a break from my usual post schedule. Whether my holidays are spent at home or away, I like to spend some of my time offline recharging my own batteries–playing with the kids, making things, spending time outdoors, reading and enjoying lots of delicious […]

read full story

Today’s Home Work: Anika and Christopher Denise

Today’s Home Work: Anika and Christopher Denise

[ 1 ] November 22, 2010 |

We love getting to know parents in our community. In our Home Work series, we ask moms and dads how they juggle their work while raising kids, hoping to get some insight on how to better balance our own work/playtime while being introduced to our neighbors and their cool businesses. Today we meet Anika and […]

read full story

Family Matters: Doing Good, Having Fun

Family Matters: Doing Good, Having Fun

[ 0 ] November 19, 2010 |

Heading into the holidays, it’s a great time to give kids ideas for helping others. Here’s my tips  this week on GoLocalProv about how to do just a bit better in the world… and still have fun. Kido Tip 1. Participate in the National Day of Listening. StoryCorps–a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving oral history–declares, […]

read full story

Better World By Design

Better World By Design

[ 0 ] September 29, 2010 |

Now in it’s third year, the Better World By Design Conference (BWxD) is one of the many reasons to be excited about living in Providence and reminds us what we do, use and bus.  Co-hosted by Brown and RISD, this event brings together 1,000 students, teachers, and leaders from around the world to discuss innovative […]

read full story

A Day of Peace in Rhode Island

A Day of Peace in Rhode Island

[ 0 ] September 15, 2010 |

Celebrate the United Nations International Day of Peace in Providence Sunday, September 19, 2010 from 3:00 pm. to 6:00 pm Burnside Park in Kennedy Plaza Join the Peace Flag Project’s (PFP) seventh Annual Celebration of the United Nations International Day of Peace. This event is free, family-friendly and open to the public. From 3:00 pm. […]

read full story

Award-winning singer/songwriter Bill Harley garners Lifetime Achievement  award from Rhode Island Council for the Humanities!

Award-winning singer/songwriter Bill Harley garners Lifetime Achievement award from Rhode Island Council for the Humanities!

[ 0 ] July 22, 2010 |

The Rhode Island Council for the Humanities (RICH) will honor award-winning singer, songwriter, and storyteller Bill Harley along with noted historian, antiques dealer, and civic provocateur Richard Kazarian at its eighth annual Celebration of the Humanities, which will be held Monday, October 18, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Hope Artiste Village in Pawtucket. This […]

read full story

Call for Volunteers! Two Playground Upgrades on the East Side: Saturday July 17th!

Call for Volunteers! Two Playground Upgrades on the East Side: Saturday July 17th!

[ 4 ] July 12, 2010 |

Lippitt Park and Cabral Park, both located on the East Side are being upgraded with new play equipment this Saturday, July 17. Please join us! We love parks and playgrounds and visit them often with our children along with many of our Kidoinfo readers. And when a playground gets new equipment we all celebrate. Since […]

read full story

Still time host a Fresh Air Child this summer!

Still time host a Fresh Air Child this summer!

[ 0 ] June 24, 2010 |

Summer vacation, that special time of year for all children, is upon us and you still have the chance to make it memorable for a child from New York City! Thanks to the many families in Rhode Island and throughout 13 Northeastern states and Canada, more than 1.7 million New York City children from low-income […]

read full story

Kidoinfo Kidoinfo