Meet Beth Curtin. Read her Meet-A-Parent (MAP) interview here.
traditions: tips / resources
- British Country Living
- Marie Claire Idees
- Living Crafts
- Christmas Tree Memories by Aliki
- A Time to Keep by Tasha Tudor
- Things I Can Make by Sabine Lohf
- Festivals, Family, and Food by Diana Carey and Judy Large
- Beth’s blog, Acorn Pies (acornpies.blogspot.com) has many Christmas craft ideas: Make a tin lantern, make a pine cone swag, crafted gift tutorials, and others.
recipe: Christmas Roll Cookies
2 cups flour
1/4 t. salt
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla
Preheat oven to 325.Â Combine flour and salt with a wire whisk. Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed.Â Add egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed.Â Add flour mixture.Â Blend until combined.Â Do not over mix.Â Gather dough into ball and flatten into disk.Â Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour until firm.Â Roll out to 1/4″ thickness on floured board.Â Cut with floured cookies cutters and decorate with colored sugar.Â Bake 13-15 minutes until barely browned.