AS220’s FOO FEST returns to downtown Providence on Saturday, August 13th, 2016 for the annual block party of music, art, performance, kid and family-friendly activities, hands-on interactive art experiences from local artists and organizations, DIY technology, delectable food and drink, and much more, all highlighting arts, culture, and creativity in Providence and the Ocean State!
Also at Foo Fest, AS220 is also producing the 8th annual Rhode Island Mini Maker Faire, featuring hands-on making, building & hacking, crafting, garage technology, arts and creativity for sale, and robots. Maker Faire is the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth—a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker Movement. It’s a place where people show what they are making, and share what they are learning. Makers range from tech enthusiasts to crafters to homesteaders to scientists to garage tinkerers. They are of all ages and backgrounds. The aim of Maker Faire is to entertain, inform, connect and grow this community.
Kidoinfo is a proud partner of Foo Fest! Visit countless artist and maker demos, performances and musicians and check out these not-to-be-missed activities with Foo Fest and RI Mini Maker Faire:
- Make crowns and masks with local artist Carmel Dundon, a Kidoinfo sponsored activity
- Create hands-on art-making activities with The AS220 Industries including screenprinting, mask-making, a DIY photobooth, and much more
- Make a circuit creature and learn more about what you can do at East Providence Public Library’s Fuller Creative Learning Center
- Learn to solder with AS220 Labs and make a blinky labs badge
- Create spin-art using a repurposed bicycle with Rhode Island Museum of Science and Art
- Fabricate a straw rocket and learn how to build an “asteroid field” with a science fiction author
When: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 1:00PM – 6:00PM for activities (the event goes on until 1AM for grown-ups)
Where: Empire Street, Providence
Tickets: $7 in advance here. $10 day-of. Kids 10 and under are FREE!
For a full list of activities, artists, music and food vendors check out the website