First Day of Spring is March 21.
– Depending on the weather, go fly a kite or go sledding.
– Create instant works of art with a Sunprint Kit.
– Make Sun Prints from leaves and construction paper.
– Check what is coming up in your garden.
– Start an indoor garden with your kids.
– Read The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
– Learn how Eric Carle makes his collages, then make your own.
– Read It’s Spring by Jimmy Pickering.
– Download Spring Coloring Pictures.
– Visit Roger Williams Park Zoo. Admission is half price.
– Take a walk at the Audobon Society.
– Have ice cream with your kids.
Click comments below this article, and tell us your ideas.
Category: activities: outdoor, free / cheap, nature/science
Anisa Raoof is the publisher of Kidoinfo.com. She combines being a mom with her experience as an artist, designer, psych researcher and former co-director of the Providence Craft Show to create the go-to spot for families in Rhode Island and beyond. She loves using social media to connect parents with family-related businesses and services and promoting ways for parents to engage offline with their kids.
Anisa believes in the power of working together and loves to find ways to collaborate with others. An online enthusiast, still likes to unplug often by reading books and magazines, drawing, learning to knit, making pop-up books with her two sons and listening to records with her husband.