Since our local elementary school has tightened food rules to restrict giving candy etc, we have been trying to think up some easy ideas for non-food Valentines gifts for my daughter’s first grade class. Here follows some multi-age, inexpensive ideas to fit the bill.
* Fabric Hearts (image shown above). Can be made out of scrap fabric and filled with dried lavender.
* Heart-shaped bird treats. Pop a mixture of gelatin and bird seed into heart shaped tins. Check out this easy recipe for more details.
* Friendship Bracelets for your classmates (also keeps children occupied on snow days)!
* Yarn hearts – I love this easy, inexpensive idea which could be made into any shape.
* Valentine bubbles – great for younger children to give to their preschool friends.
* A useful pencil decorated with a handmade heart or wound up in a cute caterpillar paper.
Happy Crafting and Happy Valentines Day!