Translation: What’s Up My Friends!
John Baur and Mark Summers decided over ten years ago that September 19 should be Talk Like a Pirate Day. If you have kids over two years old, however, every day is probably Talk Like a Pirate Day. Our house is full of pirates – and although they may occasionally change into Robin Hood and Little John, animals from the jungle, or superheroes, swashbuckling pirates still have a strong hold on our house. ARRR!
Related Pirate Fun:
• Learn about pirates by reading a good book.
• Check Junior Fun on the Talk Like a Pirate website.
• Dress like a pirate.
- Use bandanas or scarves for belts and headscarves.
- Wear old rings and jewelry for embellishment.
- Make an eye patch from black paper and elastic or buy one from a party store.
- Cut sword shape out of cardboard and cover with aluminum foil.
• Make your own pirate ship.
• Watch a classic movie with Captain Hook and Peter Pan.
Photo taken aboard the Sea Gypsy in Orleans, MA.