For school and lunch ideas, visit the Kidoinfo School Guide.
fall harvests, food, crafts, and more…
- Picking an Orchard for Apple Picking
- RI Fruit Growers
- Farm Fresh
- Harvesting the Best of Fall
- Leaf in Balance
- What do you do with apples in your house?
- A Roundup of Fall Birthday (or Holiday) Cupcakes for Kids
- Make it a Crafty Thanksgiving
- Fall crafts for kids
- Family Matters: October Craft Ideas
• Carpenter’s Farm (July-November)
Five acre corn maze, fresh pies, produce and famous Carpenter’s sweet corn.
Location: Carpenter’s Farm Stand – 520 Matunuck Beach Road, Matunuck
• Confreda Greenhouses and Farms (October)
Free weekend Hayrides, Pumpkin Picking, Fall Crafts, Agricultural Tours for groups of 15 or more. Daytime Corn Maze home of “Scary Acres.” Flashlight night at the Maize, something in between for the not so babies but not too brave.
Location: 2150 Scituate Avenue, Hope
Dame Farm and Orchards
Johnston, Rhode Island Family Owned Farm, specializing in Fresh Fruit and Vegetables. Pick You Own Apples, Strawberries. Corn, Pumpkins, and a super fun maze (moderate difficulty).
Location: 91-B Brown Ave Johnston, RI 02919
• Davis Farmland & Davis Mega Maze
Location: 145 Redstone Hill, Sterling, MA 01564
• Escobar’s Highland Farm (Weekends, late August- early November)
A giant corn maze with more than two miles of twists and. Paid admission for kids over 4. Check website for special events.
Location: 251 Middle Rd., Portsmouth, RI
401-683-1444 or 401-864-1064
• Frerich’s Farm (Weekends, mid-September -October)
PumpkinPalooza month concludes with the Great Pumpkin Weigh-Off, Great Pumpkin Drop, music, food, crafts, and many other events and activities. In 2006, Ron Wallace of Greene, Rhode Island, grew the largest pumpkin in the WORLD at 1,502 pounds.
Location: 43 Kinnicutt Ave., Warren, RI
• Johnstons Apple Festival
• J + D Farms (Weekends, September – October)
Special Events include farm animals, mini hay maze, country store, pumpkin painting, concessions, scarecrow making, and a flash light maize. The kids can ride on a train made of empty barrels painted to look like cows with cute names like Sweet Pea. Check website for details.
Location: 2111 Plainfield Pike Johnston, RI
• King Richard’s Faire (Weekends September – October)
A vivid recreation of a 16th century English marketplace at festival time. Actors, dancers, puppeteers, jugglers, minstrels, mimes, magicians and musicians perform each weekend for the favor of his Royal Highness King Richard.
Location: Carver, MA
952-238-9915 (Nov – June)
508-866-5391 (Aug – Oct)
• Pezza Farm (September – November)
Hay rides that let you feed the cows from the wagons, scarecrow making and more. Hosts birthday parties, field trips, educational visits and other activities.
Location: 2279 Plainfield Pike, Johnston
• Salisbury Farm (End of August-October)
The Fall Corn Maze at Salisbury Farm was the first maze of it’s kind in New England. With more than a mile of paths in about five acres of corn. Unique designs and family orientated themes. Pick your own pumpkin.
Location: Junction of Peck Hill Road, Pippin Orchard Road and Plainfield Pike. Johnston
• Schartner Farms (Weekends, September – October)
Rides held 10 am – 4 pm. “Pumpkin Patch Express” hayride will take passengers to the Schartner Farms pumpkin patch and a corn maze. Weather dependent.
Location: Route 2, Exeter, RI.