1. Take a walk in your neighborhood/park/woods and see what is starting to bloom. Identify plant species or make it a scavenger hunt.
2. Create instant works of art with sunlight and found objects. Make a sun print using construction paper or special light sensitive photo paper. (Available at Utrecht or Providence Children’s Museum gift shop.)
3. Make nature faces. Collect natural materials and shape into faces on the ground.
4. Eat outside. Pack a picnic and a blanket and eat on your porch or at the park.
5. Go letterboxing. Letterboxing mixes treasure hunting, art, and navigation while exploring the great outdoors and out-of-the-way places. Find a list of letterboxes online here, organized by state or region, including how long and how difficult the hike is.
Read more on GoLocalProv. Every week I share tips on how families can make the most of their family time — including helpful hints that make parenting easier and connecting you to great local happenings.