Just wanted to let you know that Kidoinfo will be taking a break from posting this week. We are taking a road trip back to Toronto to attend the 2013 TIFF Kids International Film Festival. More than just a day at the movies, TIFF Kids offers a diverse slate of films from Canada and around the world — films that take children and parents out of the everyday, and use the power of film to foster thought and encourage discussion about the complex and challenging issues facing young people today, and have lots of fun doing it. This is right up this film family’s alley.
Ernest & Celestine (France)
Victor and the Secret of Crocodile Mansion (Germany)
Part vacation (fueling our family’s film passion) and part work as we will be interviewing people in the industry and previewing films for the 2014 Providence Children’s Film Festival (PCFF). We look forward to watching independent live-action, animated, claymation, documentary, short and full feature films from around the globe leaving time to discuss the films and tour the city. Can’t wait to share what we find with all of you and the PCFF.
While I’m away from Kidoinfo, check the events calendar for things to do and check the Kidoinfo archives full of crafty ideas, recipes, book reviews, fun activities and more!
Here’s a list of 10 things to do to kick start the week. Enjoy!
- Play at the park! Visit one or all of our favorite green spaces in Providence.
- Be superhero. Join an Earth Day clean up!
- Learn about honeybees.
- Start a garden with your kids.
- Plan a bike ride adventure.
- Join the Party for the Planet at Roger Williams Park Zoo—a week-long green extravaganza.
- More DIY recycled fun: Design your own tin can robots.
- Make art at the RISD Museum: a week full of creative a activities.
- Turn your toys into art play: Make a 3-dimensional eye-spy game.
- Head to the beach to find shells, skip stones or fly a kite.