Theodor Seuss Geisel was born March 2, 1904. We know and love him as Dr. Seuss. His whimsical rhymes and clever stories hold the same magic for my children as they did for me when I was a kid. I can remember the first Dr. Seuss books I owned – Cat in the Hat…One Fish Two Fish…Green Eggs and Ham…do you remember yours?
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. – Dr. Seuss
It’s nice to share our childhood favorites with our own kids. Ways to celebrate Dr. Seuss’s Birthday:
– How many Dr Seuss books can you remember?
– Read as many Dr. Seuss books as possible, find suggestions here.
– Host a Cat in the Hat party.
– Make green eggs and ham.
– Make up silly rhymes.
– Create your own Dr. Seuss character – draw a picture of it.
– Visit the Seussville website for fun activities.
– Reading can be fun at the Seussville University website.
– Plan a trip to Springfield, MA, to see the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden.
– Learn about the man, Theodor Seuss Geisel.
– Match all the Dr. Seuss characters and unusual creatures with their books.
– Join the Reading Revolution – Read Across America. Reading is for everyday.
– Add to your own Dr. Seuss book collection, visit your local bookstore or library.
For local events, visit kidoinfo weekend picks.