Looking for something to do with your kids during this holiday vacation? Here’s the Kidoinfo Top 12 List of things to do – many are Free and Cheap. Check the Kidoinfo calendar and blog for even more ideas.
1. Play with toys. Pick one from our Top 10 Favorite Toys for Kids. (Free / Cheap)
2. Host a crafternoon. Have kids (and parent) bring a shoebox filled with stickers, magazines, ribbons, rubber stamps, glue sticks and scissors. (Crafty ideas: Make books, paper bead necklaces, collage bookmarks, puppets, treasure box, and more.) (Free / Cheap)
3. Plan a game night. Pull out the non-electronic board games or playing cards. Try Scrabble, Go-Fish, Twister or Chinese Checkers. (Free / Cheap)
4. Book a Rhode Trip. Visit a new library with your children. (Free / Cheap)
5. Animal Power. See what the animals are doing this time of year at Roger Williams Park Zoo. (half-price admission)*
6. Snow Fun. Read the Biggest, Best Snowman than if we are lucky enough to have snow outside, build the biggest, best snowman ever. Find more winter book ideas here. (Free / Cheap)
9. Watch a classic. Check out old movies or TV shows from your local library or rent from ACME Video on Brook Street. Stay in your PJs all day, eat popcorn and watch Red Balloon, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Singing in the Rain, The Muppets or Charlie Chaplin. (Free / Cheap)
10. Building Blocks. Build a castle, city or rocket ship using all of your Legos. (Free / Cheap)
11. Take a hike. Bundle up and head out on a winter hike. Explore a wildlife refuge. If we get snow, try it with snowshoes. (Free / Cheap)
12. Make free time. Set up a playdate swap with a friend. (Free / Cheap)
* Get passes from the library.