The Imagination Center Opens in Burnside Park on August 22! A new place for family-friendly activities!
Mayor Angel Taveras, the Downtown Providence Parks Conservancy and Southwest Airlines will unveil and open a new “Imagination Center” in Burnside Park on Thursday, August 22, 2013. The Imagination Center, part of Southwest Airlines’ community outreach efforts, will serve as a new place for family-friendly activities within Burnside Park.
We look forward to this fabulous addition to Burnside Park, home to Kidoinfo Storytime, Art in the Park and Playful Tuesdays! The Imagination Center will be a fun destination for arts and crafts, interactive play and more, bringing the local community together and enriching the current activities in Burnside Park. The Center will be surrounded by picnic tables, beanbags, a wood deck, and will also include book carts, planting beds, and an Imagination playground play set.
Mayor Angel Taveras and representatives of Southwest Airlines and the Downtown Providence Parks Conservancy will hold a ribbon-cutting for the new Center at 10 a.m., kicking off a day of family-friendly scheduled activities at Burnside Park.
When: Thursday, August 22, 2013
Where: Burnside Park, Providence Rhode Island
Ages: All Ages
- 10 – 10:30 am: Official ribbon-cutting
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am: Join Kidoinfo Storytime with Mayor Taveras, who will read a book along with guests local illustrator Jen Corace and author/illustrator Alison Paul
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Kidoinfo Art in the Park’s “Oh the Places WE’LL Go!” series finale concludes with a project based on Dr. Suess’ Yertle the Turtle, and display of the previous week’s art projects!
- 12:30 – 1 pm: Enjoy complimentary PVD Pops popsicles for participating children, participate in additional art projects and receive complimentary blank books and instructions for how to make your own book
- 1 – 2 pm: Experience the Imagination Playground with free play and table games for children.