Stay tuned for information regarding Registering for the 2010-11 School year.
Wednesday, February 28 through April 14
To be eligible for kindergarten your child must have been born on or before September 1, 2002. More info.
Monday, March 5 through Friday, March 9
Elementary Open Schools Week
Elementary schools will welcome families during this week to tour schools, speak with the principal and visit classrooms. More info.
Monday, March 5 through Friday, March 30
Grade 1 Registration
Registration is for students entering grade 1 in September 2007, and it is only for new incoming students to the District that qualify for choice.
Monday, May 7
Grades 2 through 12
Registration is for new incoming students for September 2007.
Thursday, May 17
Elementary School Choice Lottery
Kindergarten and Grade 1
Providence Schools website
Parent Information & Student Registration Center
650 Prairie Avenue, Providence, RI 02905
What you need to register:
– Child’s immunization records from doctor.
– Child’s birth certificate.
– Proof of parents’ residence (e.g. utility bill).
Directions: The Center is difficult to find. Follow these directions.
From the North:
– 95 South, Exit 18 – Thurbers Ave.
– Go right towards Eddy Street.
– Take left onto Eddy Street. (Burger King and Shell Station on corner)
– Take 3rd right onto Pavilion Street.
– Take right onto Ocean Street.
– Take 1st left into the Parent Info Center.
Sign says: Parent Information and Registration Department.
Building is straight ahead, (a school is attached to the right side).
Category: education + schools