It’s never too early to introduce your child to books. These days there are so many exciting books to choose from: cloth books, board books, books for the bath, traditional books that bring you back to your childhood, books with rhymes, flaps, things to touch or smell…the selection is endless. To help you narrow your search, we’ve provided links to some of our favorite children authors and publishers. Happy reading!
Click on the author or publisher’s name for website:
– Margaret Wise Brown (author of Good Night Moon and Big, Red Barn)
– Sandra Boynton (our favorites: Barnyard Dance and Snuggle Puppy)
– Eric Carle (You should also check out his museum in Amherst, MA)
– Priddy Books (Wonderfully colorful books with large pictures)
– Baby Einstein Books (Great selection of cloth, board, and bath books)
– Barefoot Books (offer beautiful illustrations and frequently accompanied by music)
Kristen Kardos, MA Ed., and Kathy McGuigan, MSW, the co-founders of RI New Moms Connection provide affordable, accessible pregnancy and new mom groups throughout Rhode Island. In “New Moms Tips” they share their knowledge, resources, and helpful ideas for moms just beginning their journey into parenthood or moms that may need a little refresher.
Technorati Tags: Tips for New Moms