Looking for something to do with your kids during vacation? Here is my Top Ten List of things to do – many are Free and Cheap. Check the Kidoinfo calendar and blog for more ideas.
1. Building Books. Visit the the David Macaulay exhibit at the RISD Museum of Art (Free / Cheap)*
2. Go ice skating outdoors at the River Island Ice Skating Rink in Woonsocket. (Free / Cheap)
3. Book a Rhode Trip. Visit a new library with your children. (Free / Cheap)
4. Set up a playdate swap with a friend. (Free / Cheap)
5. All aboard. Take the commuter train to Boston.
6. Check out classic movies from your local library; Red Balloon, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, The Sound of Music, The Music Man. (Free / Cheap)
7. Play Power. Visit Providence Children’s Museum. (Free / Cheap)*
8. Read the Biggest, Best Snowman than build the biggest, best snowman ever.
9. Building Blocks. Build a castle, city or rocketship using all of your Legos. (Free / Cheap)
10. Bundle up and head out on a winter hike. Explore a wildlife refuge. Try it with snowshoes. (Free / Cheap)
* Get passes from the library.
Category: activities: indoor, activities: outdoor, free / cheap, holidays, local ri area
Anisa Raoof is the publisher of Kidoinfo.com. She combines being a mom with her experience as an artist, designer, psych researcher and former co-director of the Providence Craft Show to create the go-to spot for families in Rhode Island and beyond. She loves using social media to connect parents with family-related businesses and services and promoting ways for parents to engage offline with their kids.
Anisa believes in the power of working together and loves to find ways to collaborate with others. An online enthusiast, still likes to unplug often by reading books and magazines, drawing, learning to knit, making pop-up books with her two sons and listening to records with her husband.