1. Building Books. Visit the the David Macaulay exhibit at the RISD Museum of Art (Free / Cheap)*
2. Go ice skating outdoors at the River Island Ice Skating Rink in Woonsocket. (Free / Cheap)
3. Book a Rhode Trip. Visit a new library with your children. (Free / Cheap)
4. Set up a playdate swap with a friend. (Free / Cheap)
5. All aboard. Take the commuter train to Boston.
6. Check out classic movies from your local library; Red Balloon, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, The Sound of Music, The Music Man. (Free / Cheap)
7. Play Power. Visit Providence Children’s Museum. (Free / Cheap)*
8. Read the Biggest, Best Snowman than build the biggest, best snowman ever.
9. Building Blocks. Build a castle, city or rocketship using all of your Legos. (Free / Cheap)
10. Bundle up and head out on a winter hike. Explore a wildlife refuge. Try it with snowshoes. (Free / Cheap)
* Get passes from the library.