– – Updated – – As of October 2009, this mailing address is current:
APO, AE 09359
Doing some spring cleaning and looking for a place to donate your kid’s gently used toys and stuffed animals? Consider sending toys to Iraq. I saw a post in Parent Hacks that explains how. Edmay Mayers, a member of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers who is currently stationed in Iraq, has taken on this mission to collect and distribute toys to children living in Iraq. Iraqi kids are not responsible for our current political situation, so why not help them play? My boys and I are going to start packing up a box of toys to send to Edmay. She is stationed in Iraq until November 2007 further notice and will accept donations as long as she is there.
You can request a FREE mailing supply kit for sending items to U.S. military personnel. The kit includes boxes, tape, labels, and customs forms. (Note: Supplies are FREE but you are responsible for the postage.)
– Call 1-800-610-8734 (Packing Supply) and then:
– Choose your language (1 for English, 2 for Spanish).
– Choose option 1 (for Express MailÂ® service, Priority Mail or Global Express GuaranteedÂ®).
– When you reach a live agent, request CAREKIT04.
– Allow 7-10 days for delivery.
To give you an idea about shipping costs, check out what we sent here.