Summer is winding down. Make it special. Here is our list of things to do with your kids to make the transition fun and a little easier. I know I will miss the long summer days myself. Click comments below to share your favorite ways to celebrate. Have a great Labor Day Weekend!
1. Go to your favorite ice cream place. Our family loves Three Sisters at 1074 Hope Street in Providence. We take ours to go and enjoy them at Lippitt Park (corner of Blackstone Boulevard and Hope Street). Like Soft serve ice cream? Check Katy’s list of local places that serve it up.
3. See a Paw Sox Game — home games all weekend.
6. Help your kids run a lemonade stand. Find clever ideas from the Inc.com “Best Lemonade Stand in America Contest”.
8. Stay up and catch fireflies. Find out more.
9. Go for a bike ride on the East Bay Bike path. Have a yummy snack at the The Fruity Cow located on the Bike Path & Child Street in Warren, RI.
10. Read books about the water and its inhabitants – Stella, Star of the Sea by Marie-Louise Gay, Dory Story by Jerry Pallotta and illustrated by David Biedrzycki or Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On by Lois Ehlert,