The free Back to School Celebration will take place from 10 am -1 pm in 12 locations this Saturday, August 18, 2018.
This event offers free school supplies, food, entertainment, fun activities, and educational information. It is designed for students, parents, teachers, and school staff. School children must be present to receive school supplies.
The Back to School Celebration of Rhode Island (BTSCRI) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization created to involve parents in the education of their children and create an atmosphere of trust and open communication between schools, students, and families.
In 1999, BTSCRI organized its first event in one single location and distributed 600 backpacks full of school supplies to school children in the Providence area. Since then, BTSCRI has grown to 12 locations serving more than 134,000 children. The locations can be found in detail below but include Providence (5), Central Falls, Cranston, Cumberland, Newport ,Pawtucket, Woonsocket, and West Warwick.
Each site provides the space for relevant organizations and programs to connect families with services they may need to help with the education of their children. For more information, visit the BTSCRI website.
Back to School Celebration Locations:
- Blackstone Valley Prep Mayoral Academy, 291 Broad Street, Cumberland
- East Bay Community Action Program, 6 John H. Chafee Blvd., Newport
- Veazie St. Elementary, 211 Veazie Street, Providence
- McCoy Stadium, 1 Columbus Avenue, Pawtucket
- Nathanael Greene Middle School, 721 Chalkstone Avenue, Providence
- Parent Information and Student Registration, 325 Ocean Street, Providence
- St. James Baptist Church, 340 South Main Street, Woonsocket
- Thundermist Health Center, 186 Providence Street, West Warwick
- Achievement First, 370 Hartford, Providence
- Veteran’s Memorial Elementary, 150 Fuller Avenue, Central Falls
- West End Community Center, 109 Bucklin Street, Providence
- YMCA, Pastore Youth Center – parking lot, 155 Gansett Avenue, Cranston