We recently spent a week on Cape Cod, here’s s a list of some of our favorite books:
– Manfish, A Story of Jacques Cousteau by Jennifer Berne, Illustrated by Ã‰ric Puybaret (ages 5 and up). A biography about the boy who grows up to be one of the best-known oceanographers in the world.
– Dory Story by Jerry Pallotta, Illustrated by David Biedrzycki (ages 4 to 7). Kids will learn about the underwater food chain and the art of storytelling.
about the beach
– Bats at the Beach by Brian Lies (ages 3 to 7). A playful story about what bats might do when they spend the night at the beach.
– Crab Moon by Ruth Horowitz (ages 4-7). Introduces young naturalists to the mysterious high tide of the horseshoe crabs.
– Stella, Star of the Sea by Marie-Louise Gay (ages 2 to 4). A humorous tale about Stella’s adventures at the beach with her younger brother.
These books are available at one of our two favorite shops in Chatham; Mermaids on Main and Where the Sidewalk Ends.