Pull out your baking pans and start testing recipes for the Coggeshall Cook Off, which will take place at the RI Fiber Festival and and Craft Fair on Saturday, May 21 at Coggeshall Farm Museum. This year’s theme is Yeasted Breads.
Coggeshall is a nonprofit living history museum in Bristol, RI depicting the lives of Rhode Island’s tenant farmers in the late 18th century. The farm is located at 1 Colt Drive in Bristol, off Poppasquash Road.
“We invite the community to show off their culinary talents in this old-fashioned competition,” says Cindy Elder, executive director of Coggeshall Farm Museum.
A Cook-Off registration fee of $5 cash must be paid upon arrival (in addition to the Festival ticket fee). All Cook-Off registration fees will go toward cash prizes awarded to the winners. Prizes will be awarded in three categories: Age 12 and Under, Ages 13 to 17, and Ages 18 and up.
Contestants must present their Cook Off item at the registration desk by 2 pm on Saturday, May 21. Registration fees in each category will determine the size of the cash prize in each category. Cook-Off winners will be announced at 4 pm on Saturday, May 21.
RI Fiber Festival & Crafts Fair Details:
- Saturday, May 21, 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Coggeshall Farm Museum, 1 Colt Drive, Bristol, RI
- Admission: $7 for adults; $5 for children under 12, seniors 62+ and active-duty military. Members of Coggeshall Farm Museum are free. Festival tickets are available at the gate and all proceeds benefit Coggeshall Farm Museum. Parking is free.
- Website: www.coggeshallfarm.org/fiberfestival
- For more information, email email@example.com or call 401-253-9062.