Families for Children Foster Care and Adoption Program
The Families for Children (FFC) foster care and adoption program at Communities for People strives to find nurturing, loving and stable families for children in Rhode Island state care who are between the ages of 6 and 21. Many of the children in our care have experienced varying degrees of abuse, neglect, and abandonment. Given these experiences, children in our program, as well as their foster families receive an immense amount of support.
At this time there is a shortage of foster families in Rhode Island. There is even a greater shortage of families able to care for teenagers and children with significant emotional needs.
Consider becoming a Foster/Adoptive Parent. The process of becoming a licensed foster/pre adoptive parent includes multiple steps. Families for Children can assist you from the initial clearances to the actual placement.
Communities for People (CFP) Provided Support:
- Weekly in home family meetings
- 24/7 emergency On Call
- Assistance in managing medical, dental, and clinical services
- Ongoing support from staff and other foster/ pre-adoptive families
- Access to clothing and activity funds for each child
- Initial background checks
- Pre-Service MAPP training
- Homestudy using the SAFE model
- Matching children to families
- Support services upon placement
For More Information contact the Recruitment Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 401-273-7103.