Meet your amazing brain!
The third annual URI Brain Fair is a free event for all ages to learn about your amazing brain and how you can keep it healthy, with nearly 30 interactive learning stations, plus talks, giveaways, and special events — including a mid-day brain circus with Marvelous Marvin.
- Meet the machine-learning robots of the URI Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Learn about balance during a simulated surfing activity
- No hands! Control a game or type words by using your mind
- Learn science-based ways to your brain healthy
- Discover the brain benefits of de-stressing through deep breathing techniques or a visit with Phantom the Therapy Dog
- Learn the science behind optical illusions and motor learning
- Get a close-up glimpse of your brain cells through a microscope
- Watch your brain waves in action with EEG technology
- Experience “dementia” during a guided simulation
- Get a brain boost from craft-making activities, including origami folding and dream-catching
image: courtesy of URI Brain Week