There is a quick and free online resource for almost any question you have or information you might need ,with librarians online and ready to help you.
AskRI.org is a rich, comprehensive website geared to Rhode Islanders featuring robust online resources that provide access to a vast array of information. AskRI also offers live and real-time reference help from librarians and tutors.
Shane Sher, the AskRI.org program coordinator, says, “Never before has such a high level of current and comprehensive online tools been freely available to the people of Rhode Island.”
The resources on AskRI.org offer a wealth of information to answer your questions, whether simple or more in-depth:
- AtoZDatabases brings valuable insights to consumers, established businesses, and startups alike. Highly customizable searches connect to millions of businesses.
- Tutor.com connects students to qualified tutors who are available to provide live homework assistance from 2PM-10PM. It also provides information for job seekers through the Career Center.
- Mango.com is an online language-learning program that is easy to use and highly effective Â offering courses in languages from Arabic and Swahili to Italian and Spanish as well as over a dozen ESL courses.
- WorldBook Online is the online version of the well-known home and library staple. It is updated regularly, can be translated into over 30 languages, and is full of information for learners of all ages.
- LearningExpress offers practice tests and tutorials, including the SAT, the GED, or job certification preparation for careers in health, the military, plumbing, and more.
- HeritageQuest provides genealogical information, where you can search through historical Census records, books of family and local histories, and an index of millions of articles that date from 1800-2009.
- EBSCOhost links users to journal articles, books, and resources for students and scholars. But you can also find instruction on how to diagnose and repair a problem in your car, or look up health care information in Consumer Health Complete.
Videos and tutorials on YouTube are also available to help users as they explore the resources. (http://bit.ly/1angF2s).
Reference librarians are available 60 hours a week, Monday through Saturday, to respond to reference questions by online chat, email, or phone. Rhode Island small businesses can get help in locating relevant forms and regulations, or residents can find details about public parks or farmers markets. Additionally, AskRI organizes reliable and vetted links around vital topics – for job seekers, students, librarians, educators, and learners of all ages. For additional details, contact Shane Sher, email@example.com, (401) 223-1200 ex. 1950.
AskRI.org is the online portal for Rhode IslandÂ¹s Statewide Reference Resource Center, in partnership with Providence Community Library. Funding is provided by the Rhode Island Office of Library Information Services, the Institute for Museum and Library Services and Ocean State Libraries.