From the archives:
Dr. Seuss was born on March 2, 1904 and wrote The Cat in the Hat in 1954. I can remember the first Dr. Seuss books I owned as a kid – Cat in the Hat…One Fish Two Fish…Green Eggs and Ham…do you remember yours?
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. – Dr. Seuss
It is nice to share our childhood favorites with our own kids. Celebrate Dr. Seuss’s Birthday with your kids this week!
– Make a Cat in the hat Snack.
– How many Dr Seuss books can you remember?
– Read as many Dr. Seuss books as possible, find suggestions here.
– Make green eggs and ham.
– Make up silly rhymes.
– Create your own Dr. Seuss character – draw a picture of it.
– Visit the Seussville website for fun activities.
– Make your own Cat in the Hat hat
– Reading can be fun at the Seussville University website.
– Plan a trip to Springfield, MA, to see the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden.
– Learn about the man, Theodor Seuss Geisel.
– Match all the Dr. Seuss characters and unusual creatures with their books.
– Join the Reading Revolution – Read Across America. Reading is for everyday.
– Add to your own Dr. Seuss book collection, visit your local bookstore or buy online at Amazon.
– Find more ways to celebrate Dr. Seuss on the Good Life Eats website.