Since your family might be stuck in a house or shelter while waiting for a hurricane to pass…we collected some info about the science and history of hurricanes. Add comments with your favorite resources.
- Who names Hurricanes?
- How is Hurricane strength measured?
- What year was a hurricane barrier built in Providence, RI?
- How big are hurricanes?
- Where did the name hurricane come from?
- What are other names for hurricanes around the world?
- Where and how do hurricanes start?
- How do you know when a hurricane is coming?
- What makes a hurricane weaken and stop?
Current Storm Tracking
National Weather Service
National Hurricane Center
Central Pacific Hurricane Center
National Climatic Data Center
NOAA Coastal Services Center
Don’t forget to prepare early!