Providence’s Department of Recreation runs over a dozen public water parks and pools, located throughout the city. Pools & Water Parks will be open July 1 — Aug 16 (closed July 4 & Aug 12 for city holidays)
To find a facility convenient to your home, use the link above.
Four public pools are open Monday-Friday, Noon-5pm. Ten water play parks are open Monday through Saturday from Noon to 5 pm, staffed by lifeguards and counselors from the city Department of Recreation.
Summer Lunch Program provides Free Healthy lunches to anyone under 18yrs old.
Providence Pool Locations
- McGrane Pool at West End Recreation Center — 404 Dexter Street
- Almagno Pool at Neutaconkanut Recreation Center — 675 Plainfield Street
- Selim Rogers Recreation Center – 60 Camden Avenue
- Zuccolo Recreation Center- 18 Gesler Street
Providence Water Park Locations
- Al Carrington Water Park — at Richardson Park — 64 Richardson Street
- (Corner of Richardson Street & Prairie Ave)
- Sackett Street Water Park — 110 Sackett Street
(Across from Sackett Street Recreation Center)
- Harriet & Sayles Water ParkÂ — 375 Sayles Street
(Corner of Harriet & Sayles Streets)
- General Street Water Park — 11 West Drive
(Off Admiral Street)
- George West Water Park — 1266 Chalkstone Ave
(Corner of Chalkstone & Mt Pleasant Ave)
- Fargnoli Water Park — 945 Smith Street
(Close to Academy Ave)
- Fox Point Water Park — at Cabral Park — 505 Wickenden Street
(Next to Vartan Gregorian School)
- Neutaconkanut Recreation Center Water Park — 675 Plainfield Street
(Near Killingly Street)
- Wallace St Water Park — at Wallace St Park — Cumerford Street
(Off Union Ave, near Rt 10 onramps)
- Billy Taylor Water Park — at Billy Taylor Park —
(Corner of Camp & Cypress Streets)
NEW FOR 2013:Â TheÂ Providence’s Department of Recreation is now offering free swim lessons at pools this year, July 15-Aug 16, 2013 in a partnership with the Mt Hope/East Side YMCA.Â Lessons are for Providence residents ages 3-12.Â Space is limited and registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Tues, 10am-10:30am @ Zuccolo Pool
- Wed, 10am-10:30am & 10:45am-11:15am @ Selim-Rogers Pool
- Thurs, 10am-10:30am & 10:45am-11:15am @ Almagno Pool
- Fri, 10am-10:30am & 10:45am-11:15am @ McGrane Pool
- Registration forms will be available at recreation centers and on the Providence city website.
Leave a reply