Governor Gina M. Raimondo extended the Relish Rhody Recipe Contest submission deadline to Friday, May 25, 2018. Submitting a recipe is easy, and only takes about 15 minutes!
The Relish Rhody Recipe Contest asks all Rhode Island students in grades 5-8 to create recipes (entrée or dessert – or both) that utilize at least one Rhode Island farm or fishery product. The top recipes will be published in a recipe booklet to be made available for download on the Governor’s website and Relish Rhody. Finalists will be announced at the end of May, and then a panel of esteemed judges will pick a winning recipe in each category at a celebratory event. The all-star lineup of judges includes:
- Janet Coit: Director, DEM;
- Nicole Alexander-Scott: Director, RIDOH;
- Dawn King: Chair, RI Food Policy Council & Professor at Brown University;
- Maureen Pothier: Chair, College of Culinary Arts, Johnson & Wales University;
- Christina Dedora: Farmer, Blue Skys Farms & Sanctuary Herbs; and
- Fred Mattera: Commercial Fisherman & President of the Board, Commercial Fisheries Research Foundation.
Participants can apply by filling out the attached google form. Or, they can send recipes to:
Sue AnderBois, Rhode Island Director of Food Strategy
235 Promenade Street, Suite 425
Providence, RI 02906