Spaces available for 306 children in 8 Rhode Island communities
The 2014 — 2015 State Pre-kindergarten Lottery application is now available for families to apply online or download from the Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) website. RIDE is adding two sites this fall to the 2014-15 Rhode Island Pre-kindergarten Program, bringing the total number of classrooms to seventeen, serving eight communities.
The new sites are:
- CHILD, Inc. (160 Draper Avenue, Warwick)
Child, Inc., a Head Start grantee, will operate one pre-kindergarten classroom in Warwick. This coming school year (2014-15) will be its third year of involvement with the Rhode Island Pre-kindergarten Program.
- Comprehensive Community Action Program (848 Atwood Ave., Cranston)
Comprehensive Community Action Program (CCAP), a Head Start grantee, will operate one pre-kindergarten (Pre-K) classroom in Cranston. This coming school year (2014-15) will be its first year of involvement with the Rhode Island Pre-kindergarten Program.
The Rhode Island Pre-kindergarten Program, entering its 6th year, provides free, high-quality pre-kindergarten classes to eligible children.Â Statewide, spaces are available for 306 children to participate in the seventeen pre-kindergarten classes. To be eligible, children must be 4 years old by September 1 and they must be residents of one of the identified communities. Children are selected for participation by lottery. A link is provided on the RIDE website for families to submit an online application.Â Families can also choose to download applications from the website for this program. Families may also pick up applications at the program sites.
The other participating sites are:
- Beautiful Beginnings Child Care (700 Elmwood Ave., Providence)
- Central Falls School District, Capt. Hunt Early Learning Center (12 Kendall Street)
- CHILD, Inc. (28 Payan St., West Warwick)
- East Bay Community Action Program Head Start (8 John Chafee Blvd., Newport)
- Imagine Preschool (400 East Ave., Warwick)
- Ready to Learn Providence/Heritage Park YMCA Early Learning Center (333 Roosevelt Avenue)
- Ready to Learn Providence, at the Community College of Rhode Island, 1 Hilton St. (applications available at 945 Westminster St., Providence)
- The Mariposa Center (1 Corliss Park, Providence)
- Smith Hill Early Childhood Learning Center (25 Danforth Street)
- Westbay Children’s Center (22 Astral St., Warwick)
The application deadline for participation in the enrollment lottery is Wednesday, August 6.Return