Families looking for summer activities will find a wide variety of events at RhodyRamble.org, the online calendar for the Rhody Ramble, a family adventure around Rhode Island. The program helps families connect with unique places around the state — from oceanfront mansions to historic farms — through a calendar of events designed for children ages 5-12. A busy roster of summer events includes outdoor festivals, music concerts, hands-on activities, walking tours, and museum scavenger hunts. The program includes several free events and many admission prices are under $10, but admission varies by site. The Rhody Ramble offers events and tours at 25 member properties of the Historic Sites Coalition of Rhode Island, a group led by the statewide nonprofit Preserve Rhode Island.
The program’s mascot ‘Rhody the Rambler’ is based on the Rhode Island Red Rooster, the state’s official bird. Follow Rhody’s adventures and find event updates at Facebook.com/RhodyRamble or on Twitter. Families can sign-up at RhodyRamble.org/Register to receive monthly email updates and to be entered into summer drawings for tickets and other prizes.
View the complete summer schedule here.
- Thu-Sun, June 6-9 & 13-16: Shakespeare under the Stars, Roger Williams National Memorial, Providence
- Sat, June 1:Â Kite Flying at Watson Farm, Jamestown
- Sun, June 2: Wind Energy Then & Now, Prescott Farm, Middletown
- Sun, June 9: Summer Family Sensory Walk, Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum, Bristol
- Fri, June 14: Flag Day Ceremony at the Paine House, Coventry
- Sat, June 15: Strawberry Festival at Smith’s Castle, Wickford
- Fri, June 21 – Sun, June 23: Newport Flower Show at Rosecliff Mansion, Newport
- Sat, June 22: Rhode Island Charter Day Celebration at Roger Williams National Memorial, Providence
- Sun, June 23: The Green Apple Kids Band at Governor Henry Lippitt House Museum, Providence
- Thu, June 27: Disney Cabaret with Bristol Theatre Co. at Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum, Bristol
- Fri, June 28: Family Movie Night at The Providence Athenaeum, Providence
- Fri, June 28-Sun, June 30: Youth Artists in Residence Program at Gilbert Stuart Birthplace & Museum, Saunderstown
- Sat, June 29: Downtown Sundown Concert Series at Roger Williams National Memorial, Providence
- Daily: Breakers Mansion Family Tour, Newport
- Daily: Brick Market Museum, Newport
- Daily: Green Animals Topiary Garden, Portsmouth
- Daily: Museum of Natural History & Planetarium, Providence
- Daily: Museum of Work & Culture, Woonsocket
- Daily: Tour Fort Adams, Newport
- Mon & Sat: Rogues & Scoundrels Walking Tour, Newport History Tours
- Tues-Sat: Linden Place Scavenger Hunt, Bristol
- Tues/Thu/Sat: Tour the Old Washington County Jail, Kingston
The Rhody Ramble is a family adventure featuring 25 member properties of the Historic Sites Coalition of Rhode Island, a program of Preserve Rhode Island. Preserve Rhode Island, the state’s nonprofit preservation advocacy organization, is focused on bringing new life to old buildings. The Rhody Ramble is generously supported by the Rhode Island Foundation, the Rhode Island Council for the Humanities and members of the Historic Sites Coalition of Rhode Island. Membership in the coalition is available to all historic properties in Rhode Island that are open to the public.