Public schools are taking a break, and so is Kidoinfo. You’ll find there’s more than usual going on in Rhode Island this week! Way more than what’s listed here–consider yourself lucky if you’re staying close to home.
This list is the tip of the iceberg–check our events calendar for more.
Keep in mind: many venues will be more crowded than usual. It’s wise to call ahead to confirm ticket availability or to check for cancellations.
2. PROVIDENCE CHILDREN’S FILM FESTIVAL. Long films, short films, animated ones and ones with real people. None made by Disney.
4. NEWPORT WINTER FESTIVAL–going on all week, with special events for children February 14th & 15th.
6. INVESTIGATE BITE WEEK at Mystic Aquarium. Chomp!
8. THE AUDUBON SOCIETY has richly varied special events for young naturalists all week.
9. FLIP BOOKS, STUFFED CREATURES, ARCHITECTURE and more! Classes for kids at Warren Art Spot.
10. LIBRARY TIME. Visit your favorite branch or explore a new one. Free. Many libraries have special activities planned for vacation week.
What will you and your family choose? Share your favorite places to go, things to do, and ways to enjoy a week of wintry togetherness. We love your comments and depend on them for great ideas.