By Katy Killilea
Feel a bit hot in your kitchen? Here are five fast snacks to make in your freezer.
1. World’s easiest popsicle: insert a popsicle stick through the lid of a cup of yogurt. Freeze. Turn upside down and remove cup. Eat. Also yummy with little pudding cups.
2. World’s second easiest popsicle: Peel one ripe banana. Insert popsicle stick vertically. Freeze. Eat. Also works for pineapple or anything you can use your engineering skills to get a stick into.
3. Frozen grapes or nectarine slices: place fruit on a sheet of wax paper on a plate. Place in freezer for a few hours. Eat. (Warning: may be a choking hazard for kids under 3)
4. Ice Cream Balls: At night, scoop ice cream into individual portions in a paper-lined muffin pan. Freeze. (To spare yourself the effort of scooping at a hotter time of day.)
5. Ice Cream Sandwiches: Place tiny scoops of vanilla ice cream between two gingersnaps. Store in freezer. If the ice cream is Ben & Jerry’s and the gingersnaps are Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Snaps, it will be perfect. If you use other cookies and other ice cream, it will still be delicious.
Photo credit: www.kharberphoto.com