Whole Kids Foundation supports schools and inspires families to improve children’s nutrition and wellness. Founded by Whole Foods Market and guided by the same values and principles believes given the right opportunities, kids will get excited about fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and other nutritious whole foods.
What They Do:
- Provide schools with salad bars through our partnership with Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools
- Provide grants for school gardens and related programs
- Offer cooking and nutrition education for school teachers and staff
- Support The Lunch Box online tools, which help cafeterias transition to serving more fresh, whole foods
Looking to add a salad bar or garden to your child’s school?
- Whole Kids Foundation Garden Grants is now open and closes October 31.
- Applications for School Salad Bars are accepted all year long.
On September 23, 2014, when you shop at Whole Foods Market University Heights, 5% of their sales that day will be dedicated to benefit FIVE non-profits: all providing services and programs to kids: Boys & Girls Clubs of Providence; Providence After School Alliance (PASA); PeaceLove Studios (now working with PASA on joint programming); Shri Service Corps and Lots of Hope. An awesome way to give back to the community while shopping for dinner!
More Local Love:
Thanks to Rob & Uschi Yaffe, if you eat at any or all of their restaurants: Garden Grille, The Grange, or Wildflour on Tuesday, September 30th, 5% of sales will be donated to Whole Foods Market’s Whole Kids Foundation! Together we are “growing healthy kids” in our community!
Fun DIY recycled crafts/projects: https://www.wholekidsfoundation.org/kids-activities/hands-on/scrapkins-recycled-art